Our body uses pain to tell us when something is wrong and needs addressing. This is where inflammation comes into action but it is important to know the difference between acute and chronic inflammation. While acute inflammation is a naturally-occurring process in the body and is in charge of cellular reconstruction and toxin disposal, chronic inflammation is the one causing us ongoing health issues and can lead to autoimmune disease. This draws our attention to the state of our immune system and should also make us want to find natural ways to prevent inflammation.
As a key element of our immunity, according to the British Journal of Nutrition, inflammation plays an important role in health and chronic disease.
“An unresolved inflammatory response is likely to be involved from the early stages of disease development.” British Journal of Nutrition
We now understand that chronic inflammation is at the root of disease and it is essential that we understand how to fight it. The good news is, there are natural ways to prevent inflammation. Unhealthy or processed foods can cause free radical damage to our bodies and even result in tissue damage.
Let’s find out more about the methods through which you can fight inflammation, and regain your natural balance.
Natural Ways to Prevent Inflammation and Boost Your Immune System
Thankfully, based on various research, there are a lot of ways to prevent inflammation and boost your immune system. We’ve put together a list that will help you maintain your health, regardless of your busy lifestyle.
- Sleep – the number one thing you need to do right is to get a proper amount of sleep, because while you sleep, your body reconstructs and repairs itself.
- Hydrate yourself – each process in your body uses water, all your cells need water in order to be healthy, which is why hydration is one of the best natural ways to prevent inflammation.
- Eat healthy foods – studies have shown that there are indeed certain foods which can fight inflammation. Harvard Health Publishing emphasizes that including foods high in antioxidants and polyphenols such as tomatoes, nuts, green vegetables, olive oil or fruits (blueberries, strawberries, oranges) in your diet is an excellent natural way to stay healthy and keep your body working at an optimal level.
- Watch your diet – one of the essential aspects of boosting your immune system is to make sure you are not consuming processed foods, sugar and refined carbohydrates or a lot of artificial additives found in modern-day diets. The fewer toxins you are feeding your body, the easier it will be to prevent inflammation.
- Practice Yoga – this type of physical exercise can relax your muscles and stimulate your blood flow, plus it has the advantage that you can practice it in the comfort of your own home.
- Enjoy a sauna from time to time – if your health permits it, a sauna is an excellent natural way of detoxing.
- Avoid vitamin D deficiency – associated with a number of inflammatory responses or autoimmune conditions such as Crohn’s disease, vitamin D is essential when it comes to your health. If you are not getting enough sun exposure, include foods such as fish, eggs, almonds or coconut milk in your diet.
- Lots of Omega-3 fatty acids, less Omega-6 and trans fats – Omega-3 stimulates cellular regeneration and toxin disposal. You can get it from fatty fish, nuts, chia seeds, or algae. On the other hand, Omega-6 produces inflammation in the body, so it is best to avoid baked goods, margarine, corn-based oils, soybeans, and any products containing partially hydrogenated oils.
Fight Inflammation the Smart Way
When it comes to natural ways to prevent inflammation and boost your immune system, the good news is that there are plenty to choose from. It is easy to find the ones best suited for you. Work these into your day-to-day schedule, stick to the program, and your body will benefit in no time. Don’t forget you can use BioPro Plus-500 supplement, the bio-identical protein to the one you naturally create but may not have enough of for maximizing the your immunity. Find out more about how BioPro works. Fight inflammation the smart way and prevent it from occurring.
How to Boost Your Immune System
Zinc to Boost Your Immune System – Fight Cold & Flu
Can Strengthening Your Immune System Prevent Weight Gain?
10 Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs & Foods that Revitalize Your Body & Mind